VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (FTN) – A local toddler has failed the most recent heatwave to hit the Midwest.
That’s according to his parents.
It all came to a head on Saturday when three-year-old Alex Essex tried to eat ice cream before going to his grandmother’s house.
“That was just the latest in a long line of hot weather failures on his part,” Alex’s dad, Chris told us.
Chris said he got ice cream all over his face.
“He’s three. No excuses. That was authentic McDonald’s ice cream. Those machines never work…and when you find one that does…you don’t get it all over your face,” Chris said.
A short time before that, as the heat index reached into the 100’s, Alex was in the car seat of the family’s car demanding a blanket.
“Yes, the air was on. But it is like….200 degrees outside pretty much, it goes against the rules of nature,” Chris said.
Some of the other things Alex’s has been shocking the family with, there were a couple of times he didn’t want to go swimming, demanding to go back inside and play with Choo choos .
He also still wanted two comforters, and two other blankets when he slept at night.
Chris said he would work with his toddler in the future to avoid similar issues, but didn’t have a plan at this time.
“I have no idea…I just don’t know,” a defeated Chris said.